Careful diagnosis is the key to successful implementation of strategies and decisions by organizations and communities. ACORD uses participatory survey research approaches in technical, social and organizational studies and surveys. ACORD’s Survey Research techniques cover quantitative and qualitative methods, and can be utilised for almost any sector, subject, or socio-economic starta of society. Some of the studies include:
- Diagnostic studies of a National Civil Service Training Institute to arrive at its Future Direction.
- Socio-economic impact of a Cement Grinding Unit
- Institutional arrangements for Project Implementation under Yamuna Action Plan
- Assessment of Workers Needs in Globalisation of Outsourced Production.
- Assessment of Communication needs on HIV /AIDS for Himachal Pradesh
- Retrospective study: “Social Assessment of Experience with Participatory Planning and Implementation, under the Integrated Watershed Development Project.
Some of the Organisations, which utilized ACORD’s Services in this area include:
- Deptt. of Personnel & Training (Govt. of India)
- Gujarat Ambuja Cement
- Deptt. Of Agriculture, Govt. of Haryana.
- Delhi Government
- Rajasthan Government
Detailed examples are from the surveys :
- Upgrading Environment Quality of Delhi -Survey and setting up of Domestic Solid Waste System
- "Assessing the Needs & Assets of Factory Workers in India" with focus on health and hygenine of women
- Study and Interventions for Improving Safety Attitude Behaviour Performance
- Communication Needs Assessment Study
- Study of Socio Economic Impact of Expansion